Monday, June 17, 2019

I KNEW BETTER


Well, it all started with that little bee above Ted’s head, circled. Ted decided to pull off at a truck stop and set him free.  First thing, the entry into the stop was really bad and cupboards opened, Hailey was a hero and held them shut. Bee was set free.  Then it was as decided we’d go into subway and get lunch.  That’s when it happened. There was a Costco size jellybean canister wedged into the sink, very tightly wedged in, I yanked and tugged on it and it wasn’t coming out, see it coming, we are talking about Buddy? When we came back it was no longer in the sink, when we left it was just over half full, it is now below half full.  Opened the door and he, Buddy, was like a deer caught in headlights and the look was like oh **** I’m dead now.  He did get sick, which happened before we left the truck stop and did make it for an hour before the  2nd round of sick and that happened after we had reached tonight’s stop, think he’s pretty empty now. We decided he would be better off with no dinner, and he hasn’t wanted anything, hopefully he’ll be back to normal in the morning. 

in order to get the jar out of the sink you had to take other things out, you could not just lift it out, it had been tested, we had also left him with it several times the last few days, like yesterday when we went to Golden Spike National Park for 2 hours and again last night when we went to dinner. 

On the bright side of this tale, the floors are tiled, before he got sick he drank a lot of water, and it did go under the fireplace, yes we have a fireplace now, so clean up was easy.  We also have a washer/dryer so that helped too. I was able to clean under the fireplace fairly easy.

I am really careful about leaving things out of his reach, we’ve learned the hard way.  And what he did wasn’t easy, first of all he had to jump from the couch across to the counters, then he had to get a grip of the wide lid, pull it out of the sink get it off the counter and over to the front of the RV, I wish we had a camera to see it, then maybe we could have saved him from himself.  I take full responsibility, I let myself relax, I questioned my choice of where to leave it and I won’t do that again.

No comments: