Monday, May 13, 2019

In Search of a Carousel

I am in love with carousels. I don't know why exactly, but I just do. I love the music, I love that as old as some are, over 100 years old. I love the music they play. I love looking for a listener, and spotting the jumper. I love the little simple horses and marvel at the one you might find that seems to have been frozen in time with it's head thrown back and mane blowing in the wind. I love the beautiful hand carvings. So when I read of the carousel in Republic WA, north of us I wanted to go and see it. We made plans to make Republic our destination for the the July 4th weekend 2005.

We started our trip July 1, 2005 at 9:30am. As you probably know we like to take the slow roads and enjoy the glimpses they offer of small town America, State Highway 20 claims towns like Lind


Driving through Lind, off in the distance can be seen an old train tressel

No comments: