Saturday, July 09, 2005

In Search of Carousels

I love carousels, I love their music, I love their age, I love to imagine them when they were young and those they gave rides to. I love the jumpers and finding the lead horse, this one is a beautiful example. I had discovered on the web the there is a carousel north of Spokane. I told Ted that I would really like to see it, so we planned a trip up there over the 4th of July weekend 2005. I had learned that the carousel was located at the fair grounds in Republic and that you should call ahead to see if they were going to be open and that you could arrange to view it if it wasn't scheduled to be open, I never got an answer when I called but we went anyways. The owner at the RV park we stayed at tried to contact the owners of the carousel when we were they but he didn't have any luck either. We were able to walk around the Pavallion the carousel is housed in, but could only view it through the tinted glass which made for poor photos. Hopefully we will plan another a trip up there soon it is a beautiful area.

No comments: