Monday, June 13, 2005

Two Hats and a Redhead Weekend



Had a great weekend, went to see the Two Hats and a Redhead show in support of Habitat for Humanity Terri Clark, Brad Paisley and Reba, bet you can't guess who the redhead is, in Auburn Washington at the White River Amphitheater. Reba is one of my very favorites but I really like the others alot also, so this was like the perfect show, 3 top favorites for the price of one. It was sort of a last minute thing, Kathy got the tickets Wednesday night after midnight. Unfortunately they didn’t get to see entire show. They got there as Terri Clark was finishing. They saw all of Brad Paisley’s part. Reba was late in arriving and since Kathy had to work the next morning they were unable to see her entire show as it’s a long drive back over to our side of the world.

The Concert started promptly at 8pm. When I say promptly I mean as the big hand was moving to the 12 Terri just appeared up on stage
waiting for the audiance to be seated she got to heckel the them.
If I could put video here I could share that with ya'al,
Her part of the show was fun, can't think of a song she does I haven't enjoyed, would have to say that I Wanna Do It All is a big favorite of mine. She did her hits and a few from her upcoming CD. I think her upcoming single will do well about being a single parent, it's a very touching song.

Brad Paisley followed

doing his hits and doing a Dr. Phil thing, because he can as he said. I like a really good love song, who doesn't? I hope his love song he wrote for his wife is on his upcoming CD. This new love song of his I think will really touch every woman's heart deeply, you have to love a man who can write such powerful words. Brad's band is from wherever they are playing, Kathy and I saw them a few years ago here in the tri-cities and they were all from here, this time they were all from the Western side of Washington and reading another blog from the Virgina show they were all from there for that one.

Reba came on around 10:30, she was late, didn't say why, just jumped right in. The weather was rainy and cold, the seats in the amphitheater are covered but its still cold and damp, by the end of the show Rebas hair was just about flat.

She covered her hits for the past 30 years. She didn't do her flash change of outfit during Fancy, don't know if she is still doing it or didn't do it because she was late. I love her new single My Sister, I don't have sisters but I can relate the feelings in the song to my 3 aunts and my sister inlaws, you know who you are.

Reba returned and did Fancy, then she was joined by Terri for Does He Love You and Brad played guitar while enjoying a cigar. Then they did 2 numbers altogether, Oklahoma Swing and When will I be Loved. They left the stage around 12:15am. I'll try to add a picture of the 3 of them I have, but first I have to learn how to make a still from a movie clip, I just let our camcorder run for the last 3 numbers, my regular camera was full.

While we were waiting to go in to the seating area Karen and Hailey called so we took family pictures with Reba: Here is Ted with Karen and Hailey on the cell with Reba


And here I am with them





You might want to check out how others are sharing their Two Hats and A Redhead tour experience:

First one

Second one

Third one

Fourth

No comments: